Camping gear offer from Snowgum
Need a new sleeping bag for Sleep At The 'G? All registered Sleepers are eligible for this awesome camping gear offer from one of our partners, Snowgum.
For only $99.95, you'll receive a sleeping bag, pillow and a sleeping matt (over 50% off). Postage is free in Australia.
To redeem this offer, visit Snowgum's website to buy this camping gear pack online. You'll need to create an account and the discount will apply at checkout.
Introducing Family Tickets!
Due to popular demand, for the first time ever, we’re welcoming younger Sleepers to join us at Sleep At The ’G.
Children aged 12-17 are now welcome to attend Sleep At The ’G, with their legal guardian.
We’ve received a lot of feedback in the last few years from people who would love to bring their children, to help them learn about the importance of community, fundraising, and lending a hand to those in need.
There are some rules however, in order to keep you and your children safe at a public event.
Who can now attend?
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17, in the company of their legal guardian
- A maximum of two children to one legal guardian
Are there any other rules?
- Children and their legal guardians will receive a wrist band upon entry
- Children will be permitted to roam all areas of the event before lights out
- All family ticket holders will sleep in a special “Family Zone” area at the MCG
- Children and their legal guardians will not be permitted to sleep in other general areas
$20 per child, in addition to your adult ticket price
Benefits of bringing your children
- Modelling compassion and caring about others helps children to develop empathy, compassion, and tolerance
- Children who see adults fundraising or making donations to those in need, will learn to do this in their own lives
- Working as a community is connecting and supportive, which is helpful for emotional wellbeing
- Teaches children the importance of lending a hand to those in need, and appreciation for what they have
- Working together towards a group goal, and gaining joy from doing something for others
How do I register my family?
Important: Please only register children for whom you are the legal guardian
- Click on the "Register" button on SleepAtTheG.com.au
- Select Workplace/Corporate or Community Registration
- Scroll down the page and select Family Registration
- Enter your family team name
- Add yourself (legal guardian) as the primary contact
- Add a maximum of two children
- Complete all registration and payment details
- You will receive an individual ticket for each person registered and a link to create a supporter page
- Note: If your children want to do their own fundraising, please enter a unique email address for them
Can my family sleep in the same area as my work place or community team?
No. Unfortunately, due to the security measures requested by the MCC, all family ticket holders must sleep in the Families Area.
However, we do encourage you to invite your friends/colleagues to register their families so that you can set up camp in the families area.
I have more than two children between 12-17 – can I bring them all?
A second legal guardian will need to register and attend the event in order for you to bring more than two children with you. The second adult can also register a maximum of two children they are the legal guardian of.
If your other children are 18 years or older, they don’t need to be registered on your family ticket.
If your other children are 11 years or younger, they are not permitted to attend Sleep At The ’G.
Can two adults register on the same Family Ticket?
Unfortunately, due to the rules we've been asked to abide by, the answer is no. A second legal guardian can of course register to attend, but not on the same ticket. Alternatively, if there are two adults, and 2-4 children, each legal guardian can register 1-2 children each. But they would need to be completed as separate registration processes.
Can school groups attend?
Due to safety regulations, all children between the ages of 12-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, at a 1 adult: 2 children ratio.
This means teachers are not permitted to bring a group of students.
However, if a group of children from a school wish to attend together, they can organise to do so by registering with a legal guardian.
I’ve already registered for Sleep At The ’G. How do I register my children?
This will involve changing your ticket to a family ticket. Our fundraising partner, EveryDay Hero, will be handling all ticket change requests directly. Please email email@example.com with your supporter page and ticket details, and they will help you change your ticket so you can register with your children.
What happens to my current supporter page once I re-register?
You can keep using your current supporter page if you like. Especially if you’ve already started fundraising.
Can I still be in a work place or community team?
Yes you can, however it is a manual process that we'll have to take care of for you.
Once you've registered your family, get in touch with us and we will arrange for your name to be added to your work place or community team. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Got any other questions?
Email us: email@example.com
Phone: 1800 626 572