MCM is working with all relevant authorities to ensure we are able to deliver the safest event possible for everyone involved.
The event will operate under a COVID Safe Event Plan submitted to the Department of Jobs Precincts and Regions.
We have introduced a range of COVID Safe measures for the event that include:
- QR code sign in
- Hand sanitising stations
- Contracted event cleaners to ensure all high touch point areas are cleaned frequently
- Increasing the event site size at the MCG to facilitate social distancing for sleepers.
How can I help keep the event COVID Safe?
In order for us to help keep the event COVID Safe, we will need the help of all participants.
Below is a list of ways that you can help us to ensure that the event remains COVID Safe.
- Stay home if:
- you are feeling unwell, or if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste.
- you or any member of your household is currently being tested for COVID-19 and is yet to receive results.
- you or any member of your household has been in contact with a person isolated by a medical practitioner or who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days before the event.
- Ensure that you are following all relevant Government and health authority regulations around self-isolation if you have travelled in the lead up to the event.
- Follow physical distancing requirements of 1.5m for the duration of the event.
- Bring your own personal hand sanitiser or use the hand sanitiser on site frequently.
- Bring your own water bottle – cups WILL NOT be provided.
- Don’t greet your team mates with a hug.
- Wear a face mask.
- Follow the directions of event staff and volunteers.
- Check into the site using the QR Code provided on signs at the turnstiles.
- Download the COVID Safe App to your mobile phone prior to attending the event.