Sleep At The ’G may look a bit different this year, but youth homelessness remains the same
Due to recent outbreaks of COVID-19 across Australia and too much uncertainty and risk surrounding mass participation events, MCM has made the extremely difficult decision to not proceed with Sleep At The ’G this year. The good news is that we're still planning a bit of fun in support for youth homelessness. Our young people need your support, now more than ever, and we’ll be relying on your fundraising efforts even more.
What’s the challenge?
Sleep At Home!
Have some fun AT HOME and let’s make some good come out of the pandemic and show our young people that we’re still thinking of them even in these trying times.
We’re asking you to give up your bed for one night and sleep out in recognition, not replication, of the 6,000 young Victorians who have no place to call home.
Camp out in your backyard, on your couch, your balcony, car or floor and sleep out on Thursday 28 October to help put youth homelessness to bed. We know it’s not the MCG, and we know you won’t have the best night’s sleep, but you’ll be CHOOSING to sleep out, a luxury that many of the young people we support don’t have.
So grab your tent, sleeping bag, blankets, or swag, get the whole household involved and sign up today.
Thursday 28 October 2021
FREE to sign up. All fundraising efforts are greatly appreciated.
What you need to do
- Sign up for FREE and create your fundraising page
- Ask workmates, friends and family to donate to your fundraising page. Simply ask them to support youth homelessness, or fundraise through fun, at-home activities. See our Ideas and inspiration section for some fun at home activities that you can get involved in.
- Encourage workmates, friends and family to also get involved, sign up for free and fundraise themselves.
- Sleep out at home for one night on Thursday 28 October, or any date that suits you. You can get your whole household involved. Remember to observe government guidelines, particularly around social distancing and restrictions on gatherings.
- Share some pictures from your Sleep At Home activity on social. Post the link to your fundraising page and use the hashtag #SleepAtTheG to encourage donations or use our fundraising tools to help you get started.